Friday, February 21, 2014

Organizing Your Gym Bag


 I spin. Many look at me funny when I say that and wonder if I spin yarn. No...I don't spin yarn (although I would love to learn to do that too!). Spinning is speed cycling with tension. You can find out more about it HERE. I am currently in the midst of being certified as a spin instructor as well! That being said, I go to the gym a lot. I have taken a few different bags to the gym over time...simple totes, bookbags etc. But none of those bags could ever get my things organized and neat in a way I liked.

I am happy to say I found a bag that works perfectly for me now. It's a tad big...but that's okay. I like the extra room in case I need to bring something else along with me...plus it leaves plenty of room to keep all my gym necessities organized! You can find the same bag HERE and HERE if you are interested.

I love how the top zips open and flips over to reveal everything inside!

Here is a look...



Inside, you will find my spin shoes (which are in horrible shape after so much use but still work for now!), water bottles, a bag of necessities and extra towels. Under my spin shoes I have some extra clothes *just in case* I need them for any reason...


Inside the necessities bag I have two smaller bags, extra sweat bands (we sweat a lot in spin class) and some saline for my contacts...


In the leopard print bag I have some female necessities as well as a stick of deodorant. In the bee pouch (made by my sister) I have some lip balm, a hair tie, hand sanitizer and my spin cards (yes, I save all of them...for no particular reason!)....


For Christmas, my parents and sister's family went together to buy me all new towels for my bathroom! These are our old hand towels that I take with me to the gym...


All zipped up and ready to go...


I like having my things all in place....even in my gym bag. To me, I dislike having everything jumbled in there and having to *dig* for things. :)

Do you organize your gym bag?

4 comments:

  1. I love this! I frequently travel to my sister's home and stay for a day or two or three. I think I'll get out my duffle bag and fit it out in a similar way. You are so good. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's soooo nice to have things neat! :) Thanks so much for stopping by and sharing your comment!!! :)

      Delete
  2. I love all your little zipper pouch bags; they are so cute! I don't go to the gym, but I do run a lot though. Thanks so much for sharing. It really helps to see how you organized the inside. :) Blessings, Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to go to a sprts camp for about 3 days and was wondering how i should pack... this had a great idea with the pouches

    ReplyDelete