Wednesday, September 18, 2013

A Place to Begin



I am a wife, mother, homeschool teacher, housekeeper/organizer and finance-keeper of our home. I find it most enjoyable, beneficial, and profitable to keep my life as organized as possible. I keep a daily planner and have since high school. I can't imagine how anyone can keep their appointments, housework and commitments straight without writing them down (maybe everyone but me has an awesome memory!). Pictured above is my newest planner...this photo was taken soon after its purchase. Now, the days and boxes are loaded with information! I plan on doing a post on how to plan one day soon!


We are debt free (except our mortgage) and believe in staying that way. I want to help *you* get there as well. You don't have to have a lot of money...you just have to know what to do with the money you *do* have. You probably have more belongings than you even realize, as well. One way to truly know what you have is to dig it out of those piles and get it organized. There are so many ways to reuse things you already own...thus saving you money from making purchases you don't truly need.



Organizing can fit your lifestyle as well. No matter what your decorating style...there is always a way to get things organized. One way I love to use a personal touch in my organizing is by using baskets. In my home, baskets hold towels, cloth napkins, crayons, magazines, yarn, incoming mail, dog bones, garbage and so much more! 


I am also a huge fan of binders. I love binders....in all shapes, colors and sizes! You'll soon see how I use them to organize lots of different areas of life! But more about that later...I hope you will find how keeping your home can be more simple than you ever imagined! 


3 comments:

  1. I really need to learn to be more organized. I'll be eager to read your posts about it! I do keep a simple daily planner and it is such a help to at least write out the menu plan and one chore for each day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I found you through ABFL Planner Addicts FB! Looking forward to more posts!

    Shari Ellingson

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been reading your other blog for so long, and I'm so excited about this new one. Please teach us how to get out of debt! I also love seeing your posts about decorating & organizing your home.

    ReplyDelete