Thursday, July 3, 2014

Using Glass Jars in Your Home

 Not only can you use mason jars to can your garden harvest, but you can make great use of them throughout your home! Using glass jars in your home is a frugal, great-looking way to decorate and organize! I love using different sizes of jars in my home for many different things! 



Here are a few of the ways I use glass jars throughout my home...

Storing knitting needles...


For flowers (that I am lacking at the moment)...


For decoration...


Salt and pepper shakers...


Pen and pencil caddy (I *love* blue jars!)...


In the bathroom to hold potpourri, q-tips, cotton balls, and cough drops...


As a soap dispenser...


In the kitchen, using small jars is a great way to decorate a less-than-desirable oven hood...


Large jars are great for keeping bulk items...


Jars to drink from...


Around the house, jars can make great bases for lamps...



If you go HERE you can find 50 Great Uses for Mason Jars and if you go HERE you can find 31 more great uses for them!

What are some ways *you* make use of jars around your home? 


4 comments:

  1. I too use mason jars for lots of things around our home. I love how you've incorporated them into your décor.

    Blessings,
    Mrs.B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katy!
    I wanted to come back here to this particular post and tell you that after I read it a couple of days ago, I put it to use in my own home. I already had an old Ball jar with the zinc lid filled with seashells out in the living room on the dry sink. BUT after I read your post, I had a large bouquet of eucalyptus in a container in our bedroom on one of the dressers. It was too large of a bouquet for the area, especially after I hung a picture in that same area. SO...I divided the bouquet up, put the remainder in a lightly tinted blue Atlas jar and put it in the living room on top of the bookcase, along with my grandfather's old Bible, an old Sunday School book, and a woven basket. I love the affect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was fun to see all the ways you use mason jars in your home, Katy. It all looks so *country* and fun. Your home looks cosy. Hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete