Monday, July 28, 2014

Simple Jar Decorating


I had posted about the many ways to use glass jars in your home to decorate, organize and add a touch of charm to a room. You can find that post HERE.

For my daughter's birthday, we used jars as table centerpieces and my sister made these simple, eyelet decor to put around the top of a jar! I love eyelets and the look it gives the jars!


She simply measured around the top of a jar and cut the eyelet accordingly. Then, she sewed snaps to the ends so they can easily be removed!


Adding a touch of charm to your home doesn't have to take a lot of money or talent (although my sister *is* talented...but sewing the snaps on is something anyone could do!). You could do this for your own home...or make some jars as gifts. You can fill the jars with jar cookie mixes, a favorite candy, or anything else that is fun! Add a touch of eyelet, lace or scraps of fabric around the top and that could make a super-cute gift for a friend! :)

2 comments:

  1. A clever idea...and I like the way you think...gifts. I'm thinking Christmas. I especially like the idea of using one for potpourri! Thanks so much for sharing, Katy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great idea!

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete