Sunday, April 6, 2014

My Favorite Books on Cleaning & Organizing


Having a good book to help you with your cleaning and organizing is of great value! A book can give you the right steps to take, all-natural recipes, cost-cutting ideas and more! I use a few books that I treasure!

The first one I highly recommend is Cleaning Plain & Simple by Donna Smallin. It is full of homemade recipes (with simple household ingredients), tips and tricks, and a simple plan to follow to get your whole home *clean*!


Boy was I excited when I found out Donna Smallin makes a book on organizing as well! Organizing Plain and Simple helps you solve all of your clutter challenges! Like her other book, this one gives tons of tips, tricks and ideas. As well as helping you organize your home (room by room), it also has a section that helps you organize your finances! Again, I highly recommend this book!


If you are interested in cleaning your home naturally (as I am) but don't always have the money for costly green cleaners, you can simply make your own! The Naturally Clean Home has 150 recipes for all-natural cleaning using things like Dr. Bronner's Magic Soaps Pure-Castile Soap, lemon juice, vinegar and essential oils!


Mrs. Dunwoody's Excellent Instructions for Homekeeping is an absolutely *wonderful* book. It is full of simple homemaking advice...written from a mother to her children. It is a little old fashioned which makes me love it even more! It has chapters highlighting the art of homekeeping, entertaining, the garden, health and beauty, laundry and more. It is a treasure of a book, really.


What books do you find helpful in guiding you in your homemaking? I would love for you to share them! If you have any of these books, I would love to hear your thoughts on them too!

No comments:

Post a Comment